Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Beginnings

New Beginnings is the title because this is a new beginning for me. It has come to this point. I can't deny, hide away or ignore. I must get healthy and by posting my day to day progress I'm hoping to stay accountable.

I'll start with the basics. I'm overweight. There is no way to sugar coat the fact that I need to lose weight. Not only for my vanity, which I've got plenty of but also for the health issues that go along with carrying extra weight. I want my kids to have a healthy role model to follow. I have 4 girls and my negativity about the way I look is not good for them to be hearing.

So, this is it. I'm changing my ways now. I will start by journaling what I eat and drink and how much I move. I think my weight gain is a combination of sources that will be difficult to overcome but, through His strength, I will succeed!

My goals will be to lose 40 pounds and to drop in clothing size. My hope is as the weight goes away, so will some of the nagging health problems and my overall disposition will improve.

Another goal, go to bed and get regular sleep. Which means, I need to log off now. It's 1 am here, which is not a good time for going to bed when you need to be up with the kiddo's in the morning!

I'll sign off with my first food entry, one glass of water. :)

I can do this, right? :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment